Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday night football, I mean food

So with it being fall now (yes, excited woman here craving pumpkin spice lattes, beautiful fall leaves, and hoodies, lots of hoodies) I decided to look up some fall type meals. Nothing says fall quite like an apple, which means pork is going to be paired with it. I tried out this meal 
http://www.health.com/health/m/recipe/0,,10000001188062,00.html

So here is what I changed:
1) didn't measure the pork loin. Used what I had leftover in the freezer from my last pork tenderloin dish
2) as much as I love garlic, I used powder garlic instead. Mainly because I think it's easier to rub
3) no salt or pepper. I may try using pepper again here soon. My husband claimed he doesn't like pepper, but I think that is only when it is very obvious it is in the dish. Experimenting soon!
4) um Rome apples? Yeah my grocery store doesn't carry that, so I had to look up a substitute while shopping and ended up with red delicious.
5) I used more butter
All in all I liked it. I did wish I had made mashed sweet potatoes to go with it, so we had green beans instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment